Samstag, 11. Februar 2012

Sigur Rós

Hey there, it's Bär and today I want to introduce you to my favorite band named Sigur Rós.

First time I listened to a song from them was when I watched the movie Penelope with Christina Ricci and James McAvoy, which is also really great. There was this really good song at the end and I had to search for it. And I found it, it was called Hoppípolla and the band was Sigur Rós. After that I searched a bit on Youtube and Google and found also other songs like Glósólior Sæglópur.

I'm sure most of you are now like: "What kind of songs are that?", and the answer is it is Icelandic. A bit knowledge: Sigur Rós was formed in the 90ths in Reykjavík and they were named by the frontsingers newborn sister Sigurrós Elín what means victory rose. The members are Jónsi, Goggi, Kjarri and Orri. Their songs are mostly in Icelandic, English and sometimes in Vonlenska (known as Hopelandic).
I don't know what that music genre could be called so I don't write about that.

I'm listening to their music now for a year or two and since that I recognise how often songs by them are played in the background in movies, advertisements or shows. For example in the movie "the boys are back" or "Vanilla Sky" and also there were a few songs played in the German show "Dschungel Camp" that was airing this year. I think the last one isn't really to be taken serious. But it is nice to see, that they became a bit more popular in Germany too.

I hope I aroused a bit interest. I can recommend the albums "Takk.." and "Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust". Or you can also listen to Jónsis soloalbum named "Go".

I hope you liked my little "Idon'tknowhowtonamethissortofentries".
Have a nice weekend,
Bär




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen